The Great Scottish Run 2016

13:44:00 Unknown 1 Comments

The great Scottish Run is an event based in Glasgow. The run is aimed to raise money for several charities which is entirely up to the runner. I am entering the race myself to raise money for Cancer Research UK. The reason for me doing this is due to the fact that I have a family member that has been diagnosed with Cancer. Last year attracted over 30,000 runners taking part in the race, running either 5k, 10k or a half marathon. People do this for many reasons, whether it is for fitness goals or raising money for charity. This years half marathon is taking place on the 2nd of October 2016 and will start in George Square and will weave its way through the streets of Glasgow, over the Kingston Bridge, up into Pollok Park then through the park leading down towards Bellahousten Park. The run then leads through the park and back down towards the River Clyde, eventually finishing in Glasgow Green. The course itself is 13.1 miles long or 22 kilometers.

A substantial amount of training will have to be put in on my part as this is no easy task. I have started my training slowly, which I will include in later posts on my progress. If I progressively increase the distance that I run, I know that I will be able to finish strong if I stay on track. I plan to raise around £500 for Cancer Research UK. I have created a JustGiving page in order to raise money which I will link to below and If anyone would be willing to donate, then it would be very much appreciated.

Throughout my training I will use apps such as Nike Running to measure my progress. This way I can compare the statistics over a period of time to show how far I have come.

https://www.justgiving.com/Nathan-Pope1

You Might Also Like

1 comment: