Training Progress/Nike+ App Review

10:22:00 Unknown 0 Comments

Just thought I'd let everyone know about my training progress so far. Slowly getting back into running and cardio with a mix of spin, treadmill running and concrete/trail running. For those who don't know, concrete running is one of the toughest types of running as it is damaging on joints and muscles. This reason alone requires a slow build up on the distance and pace that you run so that your body becomes accustomed to the force of the road. In my opinion, the only app I use for running is the Nike+ running app, which is by far the best app to measure runs. This app uses location services to measure the distance and pace that you run. When headphones are connected, runners get a mile by mike or km by km update through the Nike coaches, telling you the pace of the km or mile, keeping you motivated as you run. The good thing is, music apps or libraries can be used at the same time so you can run and keep updated on your distance and pace. I will attach a photo to the post on my progress so far. Over the past few weeks I have been mixing treadmill running with concrete running due to injury with an average of 2.5 km per run. It will take time and I will keep this page up to date on my progress.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: